Weirton, West Viginia
For the fourth consecutive year, this three-day conference will be held in Weirton, West Virginia. As in past years, the speakers will represent a broad spectrum of traditional Catholic viewpoints with the stated aim being to highlight areas of agreement, without glossing over differences, and to encourage communication and rapport between traditional Catholic individuals and groups. No attempt is made to silence or marginalize. If one holds fast to traditional Catholic doctrine, and worships in a traditional Catholic manner, or would like to learn more about traditional Catholic doctrine and worship, they are welcome to attend and participate.
The featured speakers represent a range of organizations and expertise, and include both clergy and laity. There are priests from the two largest traditional religious orders along with Catholic journalists, a historian, lawyer, blogger, and a representative from a Catholic youth organization. The setting is intimate and affords participants with ample opportunity to meet the speakers and engage them in conversation. There will be daily Traditional Latin Masses.
Featured speakers for 2016 include:
- Dr. John Rao - Author, Associate Professor of History at St. John's University, New York City, and Director of The Roman Forum;
- Michael Matt - Editor of The Remnant;
- John Vennari - Editor of Catholic Family News;
- Steve Skojec - Founding Publisher and Executive Director of OnePeterFive.com;
- Christopher Ferrara - President of American Catholic Lawyers Association, Inc.;
- Fr. John Brucciani - Society of Saint Pius X;
- Fr. Gregory Pendergraft - Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter;
- Lawrence Meo - Juventutem Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.
For additional information and to register, visit the Catholic Identity Conference website.